Thursday, October 25, 2012

An Unconditional Love

It's amazing to me that God can love me unconditionally. It's not that I go out of my way to upset Him, but there's plenty of days I need to be spending time with Him, only to skip right over and go do something else I think is more important.

Each time--thankfully--He reels me back in and reminds me just how much I need Him.

While reading through my devotional, Seeking Purity, I came across something very profound. Laura says, "Hear me loud and clear when I say this: God is not like us! Amen! He is not upset with us if we are coming up short. He loves you and this love is not based on a feeling, it is based on Christ, on truth, on the choice He made to love you unconditionally. Feelings change with conditions, but God's love for you stands firm."

What a blessing to know that God will love us NO MATTER WHAT! I don't have to perform, I don't have to grovel when I mess up. I can come to him with my whole heart, and He will take me just as I am.

He continually loved the Israelites, in spite of themselves. Each time, He drew them back in and loved them unconditionally, just as He loves us. The Israelites were and are worthy of His love. So are you!


No comments:

Proverbs 16:3

Commit your work to the Lord and your plans will be established.