Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School--And I Am Sad


Well, school is starting tomorrow, and my two young boys will be gone all day. My emotions are all over the place. I've been excited that I will have more quiet time during the day. But, as I shopped for last minute school supplies, I passed by the baby section in the grocery store. I had to work hard to keep from crying. My two little men are growing up.

Mind you, the younger one is still in Pre-K, but he will be in school longer throughout the day. All I could think about was how little they used to be, jumping in their jumperoos, crawling on the floor, and sitting in their highchair eating and smiling as babies. I wish they could be that small again.

I know this opens a new chapter in their life, and I am excited for them. They met their teachers today, and they are ready for a new year. Ethan wanted to stay in class and play with the toys longer. He didn't quite understand why we couldn't stay and eat lunch, even though the lunchroom wasn't open for business.

I'll get over this emotional time. But, it's moments like these that make me long for the days of little baby boys sitting in my lap, and bouncing on my knee.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Blessings for your 'babies' as they settle into the new school year. We are 3/4 of the way through our school year. My daughter finishes high school in December, and like you, my heart grieves a little at the passing years. They really do grow too quickly. lol
Praise God, He has a plan for them and we get to play a huge part of that plan.
Blessings
Dorothy :)

Proverbs 16:3

Commit your work to the Lord and your plans will be established.