Thursday, October 23, 2008

Halloween is coming...

Halloween is such a fun time for kids. As Jerry Seinfeld says, "Get candy, get candy, get candy!" It wasn't that long ago my sister and I hit the houses in the neighborhood to fill up our pillow cases with lots of junk. Then we returned home and our parents whittled the load down to about one cereal bowl full of the stuff. I know they were weeding out the items that might not be safe (thanks - I see that now), but all that hard work footin' it through the streets of our neighborhood to get the goods, all down the tubes. Actually, it was all worth it!

Now that I have kids, Halloween is even more fun. I can dress up the kids in the cutest costumes, step back and watch as they follow the same fun path. Then back home to whittle through their stuff. I have to secretly admit that some of it has to be tested by me later that night - it's very important, you know. But, it's great to watch them have so much fun, too.

We started a new tradition this year of going to the pumpkin patch. We had a great time running through the pumpkins. Ethan thought it would be fun to lick them all. Licking everything is important to him! Gotta watch the kid. John loved picking out the biggest one he could carry. We had a blast!

No comments:

Proverbs 16:3

Commit your work to the Lord and your plans will be established.